RCF is for the convinced and the unconvinced, the lost, the found, the burned, the bored, cynical and the spiritual. We invite you, no matter where you are in the process, to explore, grow with, and experience God.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Breaking Radio Silence

Hi Everybody!

  Sorry for not updating this very much lately.....obviously I have been busy, but I ought to spend more time on here. In any case, my wife and I are making a last minute trip down to Ukiah to go to the memorial service of a mentor and friend of mine who passed away last week. It has been touching to dwell on the time he invested in my life, and the fruit that I see from his ministry to me over 5 years ago coming to to maturity in my life as a married man and a college minister. That being said, I don't have any bible stuff to put up here this week. But next week I'll post a run through of Romans 1 through the first half of chapter 4 to update you on what I've been teaching during the Tuesday night bible studies.

On a random note Rainn Wilson, the comedic actor behind Dwight Schrute of NBC's "The Office" has recently released a book and a website called "Soul Pancake". Long story short: it's a forum to discuss what Wilson considers to be "life's big questions." As long as things like these are being discussed in earnest I think we ought to be involved as Christians. I mention this website specifically because of it's light hearted approach to searching for meaning.....it's a good opportunity for candor at the very least.

Blessings to all of you during this Advent season

No comments:

Post a Comment